Thursday, April 26, 2018

Getting Settled: Weeks of 4/16 and 4/23

This week at Teterboro was mostly a week in which I did several different things to help Mr. Panarello and Ms. Nagrashna. I helped transcribe certain written records and other documents into spreadsheets for easier access. I also learned about how service crew, ground equipment, and other essentials of the airport are required to meet certain quality standards. Since there are several documents that specify quality guidelines and other specifications for equipment, they must be reviewed, and any old standards that are still used are to be noted for revision.

I also started scanning physical copies of expense reports into digital copies for easier access and to facilitate archiving past years. These basic skills of working with reports, physical and digital, will help me in the future when working with various Port Authority and AvPorts projects that will involve a multitude of filing, recording and scanning.