Sunday, April 15, 2018

Moving On: Week of 4/9

This week was the last time I went to Neglia Engineering for my internship. After getting the final approval and the start date from Teterboro Airport and my new mentor Mr. Panarello, I said my final goodbye to Neglia and Mr. Intindola. From CAD to Excel spreadsheets, I really did learn a lot from Neglia and acquired skills that will prove to be valuable in my future Aerospace career.

My first day at Teterboro Airport involved mostly paperwork. Since Teterboro is managed and operated by a company called AvPorts which reports directly to the Port Authority Of New York and New Jersey, the owners of the airport and other airports in both states, there are many legal documents to complete even as an intern. After the day of paperwork, I got to do my first few assignments and received a general outlook of my duties as an intern and some upcoming projects. Unfortunately, due to legal reasons, all airport matters are confidential and no information or pictures are allowed to be shared.