Monday, May 21, 2018

Quality Policy: Week of 5/14

This week at Teterboro Airport, I had the pleasure of learning the accounting department's staff and responsibilities, how they interact with Airport Ops, and how expenses and revenue are recorded. Various services, fees such as landing fees, and other charges are the primary source of revenue for the airport.

I also had the responsibility of updating old Quality Policy certificates to the new certificates and policy statements that represent the new, updated Quality Policy.

I also met an Operations Manager who further exposed me to the operations side of the airport. He told me I could re-visit the runways and taxiways and possibly tour the FBO's and/or the Control Tower, but both cases require approval from FBO management. Visiting the tower requires approval from the airport manager and the FAA as well.