Friday, June 1, 2018

That's All Folks!

This week at Teterboro I finished up my last project working with Mr. Panarello, which was to contact and compile a list of Airport sponsors who will attend a certain special event. I was also presented with an amazing opportunity to potentially remain at Teterboro to work with the operations team as a summer intern. As a future aerospace engineer, it is an amazing opportunity to work with an airport operations team and witness the day-to-day duties of the ground crew and many different airplanes take off and land. I am very thankful that a potential summer internship exists for me, and I am sure that if I am granted this internship, I will learn a plethora of skills and knowledge that will prove valuable to a future engineer.

I am also thankful for the opportunity to work with the administration team at Teterboro these past two months. Even though the time was brief, I still learned a lot about General Aviation and the differences between an airport that handles small, regional Cessna planes and an airport which handles massive Boeing 747's. I also saw how noise restrictions encourage aerospace companies to develop quieter, more efficient aircraft and engines. In fact, aircraft like the Boeing 787 and engines like the General Electric GEnx were designed and manufactured to meet those requirements.

Thanks to both Teterboro and Neglia, I have acquired new skills in CAD and Excel and have experienced what it's like to work in an office environment. Thank you to all mentors who guided me throughout this past year!